For $2,400, you get the following
• Tickets to baseball games at Fenway Park and Wrigley Field
• Admission to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, National Baseball Hall of Fame, Hockey Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Kentucky Derby Museum, and NCAA Hall of Champions
• Guided tours of Ohio Stadium, Churchill Downs, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
• Nine nights of double-occupancy hotel accommodations — as much as possible, located in the downtowns of some great North American cities
• Breakfast at every hotel, plus a farewell meal in Chicago
• Ground transportation: a transit pass for our first day in Boston, then a luxurious motorcoach taking us the rest of the way
• Ongoing education in sports history from three gifted college teachers, including pre-tour classes (live or on video), exclusive podcasts, suggestions for reading and viewing, and more. (You can listen to the three of us talk through the trip, day by day, on a recent episode of our 252 podcast.)
It’s a great option for single travelers and couples, but also for families and groups of friends. If you’re traveling with more than one other person and you’re willing to share a hotel room, mention that on your application — we should be able to reduce your per-person cost.
If you are interested in joining us, please don’t delay in sending in your application and deposit. We need to start paying our vendors after New Year’s, and we won’t be able to do unless it’s clear that we’re going to have a full group of 20-24.